Monday, June 21, 2010

The mindset that is needed to start a business

The best business to get into is the one that you can start right away. That’s right, if the business has to wait until tomorrow, then you might as well look for another one. I’ve owned and sold insurance agencies, advertising companies, restaurants, consulting businesses and many others. Two of these businesses were planned well in advance with attorneys, CPAs and business advisors’ help. Others were started on the spot without any experience or knowledge. And you know what I’m going to say; that’s right, it makes no difference. The bottom line is to start one right away. I’ve gone through hundreds and perhaps thousands of business ideas without implementing any except the two mentioned. Unfortunately, the end results were not any different than quick start-ups as long as you research and study your business daily. I’ve always thought that there is no such thing as a good or bad decision. You make a decision and spend the rest of your life making it right. That is exactly how business works; you start the business and make the best of it. I’ve heard about businesses that took off right away but I don’t believe it and neither should you. An important business principle is; plan for the worst and expect the best or plan the best and expect the worst. I like the later because if I expect the worst and get just one good thing, then I’ve done well!

We’ve all heard of giants such as Apple Corporation that came near bankruptcy. If these giants are unable to foresee disasters, how are we supposed to as small time individuals? Listen, I’m not suggesting to jump into opening a software development company today without programming experience. I’m just saying that if you keep jumping from idea to idea then it’s time to stop and start something right away or it is not going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love feedbacks

var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-17076654-1"); pageTracker.setAllowLinker(true); pageTracker._trackPageview();